Two Tree Hill, Sandy Heath

These two fine oaks stand on a small hump of sandy earth. When photographed in 1866 the surrounding area had been denuded by sand excavations encouraged by the Lord of the Manor, Maryon Wilson, following his disappointment at not being able to build on the Heath. Secondary woodland now surrounds these two survivors, living witnesses to the struggle to save the Heath for two centuries.

Tree Location Lat:{{locMarkers[0].latitude | number:6}} Long:{{locMarkers[0].longitude | number:6}}

VIEW ON MAIN INTERACTIVE MAP